Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Congrats Chicago! We landed the George Lucas museum!


Coming in 2018, Chicago will be home to the Lucas Narrative Arts Museum (pending today's vote on the name change).  Tentatively it will be built on the parking lots between Soldier Field and McCormick Place. In the Fall of this year we can look forward to seeing some of the architectural renderings of the museum.
According to the Chicago Tribune article the Museum will house a Norman Rockwell collection, examples of the special effects from Industrial Light and Magic, movie memorabilia and posters.
I noticed that this museum will be located very close to McCormick, Chicago's main convention center.  I wonder what type of cons this will lead too.  I would imagine the attendance at C2E2, my favorite pop culture and comic book convention, will increase.
I can't wait to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment