Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Our unintentional Disney themed Memorial Day weekend

Have you ever unintentionally had a Disney themed weekend?  We did over the past Memorial Day weekend!  Not sure if it was our first, but definitely the first one I noticed. It was a catch up on with Disney theme.
My husband and I thought it would be a nice treat to take our 3 year old to the movies.  I decided to check out the cheapo theater by our house, and see Muppets Most Wanted.  Unfortunately we were not able to stay too long, because some one was desperate for a nap ( and it wasn't me!).  David played his I want to go home/ I want to watch a movie game. After our second reentry to the movie we left.  For the hour that I saw it was a good movie and I can't wait for it to come out on blu ray on August 12. A side note-our 3 year old usually does great with movies sitting for almost 2 hours has never been an issue until today.
Saturday night we watched Lone Ranger. We just happened to notice it on cable.  In my opinion it was just an okay movie, one of those I don't regret watching but I don't love it either.
Sunday night we had a free rental from Comcast, because we've been dealing with a faulty box for a long time. We rented Saving Mr. Banks.  I have not had a chance to watch it until then and I loved it!  Another teary eyed ending for me but almost every Disney movie I've seen for the first time has that affect on me.  It was a heart warming story. Now that it has been out for a while, I bet most people are familiar with. The movie did caused me to look up PL Travers biography.  One quote caught my eye, her grandchildren said, she "died loving no once and with no one loving her." Well so much for heart warming...
Monday I had a Mommy and Son shopping day due to Daddy's birthday fast approaching.

We went to Hallmark and discovered this cutie, a not so IttyBitty biggie:


Their IttyBitty line of plush is just so adorable. They will be releasing Star Wars IttyBittys soon!  These are awesome!  It makes me miss my Hallmark employee discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment