Thursday, July 10, 2014

Family Favorite: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Family Favorite Thursdays!

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is our family favorite restaurant. 
I have eaten there 4 times with my husband on all 4 of our Disney trips, and back in 1999 with my Mom and Dad. 

Why is it a family favorite?

The atmosphere!  You just can't bet beat eating dinner in classic car.  
There is picnic table seating in the back of the place but why do that when you are surrounded by cool retro cars.  When making our reservation we always make sure to note we want a car.  Be warned if you are a smaller party must likely you will share a car with other diners.

The movie clips! I swear since I've been dining here since 1999 the movie clips haven't changed. But who cares?!  I don't get tired of seeing trailers for The Blob, and Plan 9 from Outer Space.  Don't forget the News from the Future, clips from the Amazing Colossal Man, plus the bonus intermission breaks!

The Famous All-American Picnic Burger!  I have never really been impressed with the menu at Sci-Fi, until this bad boy came along.  I thought the Angus beef patty topped with a hot dog was excessive then throw on the sauerkraut, onions. Boy oh boy was I wrong.  I finished that burger with no problem!


I highly recommend checking out this restaurant next time when you are at Hollywood Studios.  In my opinion it is an easy reservation to get (when the free dining promo is NOT going on)  About 6 years ago we were able to score a car for a party of 6 the week of our trip, might be unheard of now a days, but worth a try. During Star Wars Weekends the Sci-Fi Dine-In was home to a Star Wars themed character breakfast.  I wish we could have attended that! 

2 comments:

  1. The kids and I tried this on a trip a few years ago and I knew my husband would love it so we took him back this past December. I love the steak with the bleu cheese sauce. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep the steak in mind for our next visit! I love a good steak.

    ReplyDelete