Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Scrapbooking Disney Character Autographs

I hate to admit it but I am not a crafty person.  I am notorious for starting projects and never finishing them. Just recently I completed my first craft project since my days when I dabbled as a college Art Major in early 2000. This time my 3 year old son was a major motivator.  
We took him on his first Walt Disney World trip in October 2013.  One of his favorite activities besides riding Dumbo multiple times so he can fly like Superman, was character meets!  He also loved all the character dance parties. 
 I created my own Disney autograph book by purchasing a small hardcover sketch book with acid free paper.  The one that I used also lays flat when open, which was super easy for the characters to manipulate.  I let David decorate with the stickers of his choice. We brought an assortment of sharpies with us and stored everything in a Ziploc bag, instantly waterproofed! Also I advise you to put your phone number or any other personal information in the book in case it is lost. 

I have been holding onto this Hallmark pre-made scrapbook for almost 7 years... like I said I never can finish a project.  This work nicely for David's autograph collection.  I combined his autographs with the awesome photographs taken with Photopass + .  I just cut out the sketchbook pages and crafted away.  I did debate over scanning the autographs to preserve the original autograph book but this worked nicely for us.  David helped with adding any embellishments to the page like stickers.  Sometimes he almost enjoys looking at the stickers more than the autographs. 



At the end of the scrapbook I put all our Disney maps in separate sleeves.  My soon loves to look through them and point out his favorite rides. 
The scrapbook worked out great for us.  My 3 year old is very hard on the books he looks through.  At  least the pages are protected behind plastic. He has yet to rip, fold, or drool on any of them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment